Texas Lutheran University desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Most problems between students and faculty/staff can and should be resolved between parties involved. If the concern/conflict cannot be resolved at this level, members of the community have the right to have disputes resolved through the TLU Disciplinary System as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct, or the grade appeal process as outlined in the TLU Catalog. Standards of conduct and other policies are outlined in the TLU Student Handbook.
Issues and complaints that cannot be addressed through established channels or between involved parties, students are encouraged to submit complaints to the Dean of Students.
The Dean of Students office will investigate student complaints.
- The complaining party will be interviewed by the Dean of Students (or designee).
- The investigation may include contact with other parties involved.
- If appropriate, efforts may be taken to resolve a conflict by bringing parties together for discussion.
- If a violation of the code of conduct occurs as outlined in the student handbook, the parties involved will receive a written notification.
- Supervisors of employees may be contacted if complaints involve their area.
- Written notification of resolutions will be sent to all parties involved.
- A record of complaints will be maintained in the Dean of Students Office.
Please note that submissions using this form go to the Vice-President and Dean of Students and may not necessarily be reviewed outside of normal business hours. If there is immediate risk to health or safety, please contact the Texas Lutheran University Police Department at 830-372-8000.
File a Complaint Form