The ability for TLU to continue our semester in person is largely dependent on our ability to manage the spread of COVID-19 among our community members. Keeping that in mind, Student Life & Learning sent a special Labor Day weekend safety message to our students today to remind them to minimize travel over the long weekend and to always take necessary precautions (wearing masks, social distancing) to stay healthy and safe.
The TLU COVID-19 Leadership Team would also like to wish all TLU employees a happy and safe Labor Day weekend, with a few friendly tips and reminders.
- Please limit your family or social gatherings to a small number of people you already interact with on a regular basis. The more we travel and interact with new people, the more opportunities there are for exposure to COVID-19. See the CDC’s latest guidance on travel.
- If you do gather with family members, try to stay outside as much as possible. Most of the local parks and nearby state parks are open and are a great way to get out while maintaining a safe distance from others.
- Be conscious of social distancing and stay six feet away from others as much as possible.
- Don’t share food. Have family members bring their own food or provide individually-wrapped items.
- The most dangerous times are when people go inside to use the bathroom or into the kitchen to prep food and refill drinks. Have a system and protocols in place to ensure social distancing and mask wearing and have plenty of disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer available for consistent use.
- Have your mask with you and wear it in public places like the grocery store or pharmacy.
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 or have had exposure to someone who has tested positive (within 6 feet, 15 minutes or longer), begin self-isolation and notify TLU through #CampusClear or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want everyone to be able to return healthy from the long weekend and we want TLU to stay open, so please take precautions to stay safe and keep you family and friends safe! We’re in this together.
Have a great weekend!
COVID-19 Leadership Team