Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students for Thursday, April 2. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- Spring Commencement has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 1. The details are still being determined, and we will share the final plans through email, MyTLU, and tlu.edu/graduation in the next few weeks.
- The Harlaxton summer program has been canceled and the program for fall is still under review. If you have questions about study abroad programs, please contact Director of International Education Charla Bailey at email@example.com.
- April 9 and 10 are TLU holidays for the Easter weekend. Just a reminder that all campus operations—remote or in-person—are closed during holidays.
- Join us for another Livestream Town Hall Meeting with President Cottrell. On Wednesday, April 8, Dr. Cottrell will host a livestream town hall for faculty and staff at 4 pm. On Monday, April 13, she will host a livestream for students and parents at 4 pm. We will send out the links to the events several times prior to each date.
Reminders and previous announcements:
- Texas Governor’s order: On Tuesday, Texas Governor Abbott issued an executive order that renews and amends his previous order enforcing federal social distancing guidelines until April 30. The protocols allow exceptions for essential activities and services based on the Department of Homeland Security’s guidelines on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce. TLU is following the federal government’s guidelines so employees who are staying home or working from home should plan on these arrangements until April 30. While the governor’s order doesn’t change our current work plan, the President’s Cabinet will review our plan on a regular basis and make adjustments as necessary.
- Room and board refunds: The housing and meal plan refund plan will be announced this week and refunds will be paid in mid-April. Please keep an eye out for an email from Student Financial Services by Friday.
- Moving out of residence halls: The second move-out option day for students is underway. Don’t forget to turn in your keys and complete the online check-out form. For questions on making alternative arrangements if you are in a stay-at-home area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop date extended: The final date to drop a class has been extended by three weeks to April 22.
- Academic Advising: Advising is underway and will last until April 8.
- Building access across campus: Students’ card access has been deactivated to all buildings but will be reactivated during the move-out times so students can get their belongings from their residence hall.
- Weston Center access for music students: Music students will have access to the School of Music Building when they also have access to their residence hall. If the scheduled move-out time doesn’t work for a student or the student is a commuter, they should email email@example.com to schedule a time to pick up their instrument and/or get their belongings.
- Bookstore: The TLU Bookstore is accepting online and phone orders only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. A plan for returning rental books is being developed and will be communicated to students closer to the end of the semester.
Stay safe and be well!
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee