Here is the latest information and reminders for TLU faculty, staff, and students for Tuesday, March 31. If you have a question that has not been addressed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit tlu.edu/semc for the latest information as well as previous campus updates.
- CARES Act approved by Congress: We are reviewing the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) that was passed by Congress and signed into law on Friday. There are several areas that pertain to higher education so we will be working with appropriate state and national education organizations to understand and prepare to utilize the support this act will provide.
- Room and board refunds: The housing and meal plan refund plan will be announced this week and refunds will be paid in mid-April. Please keep an eye out for an email from Student Financial Services in the next few days.
- Federal CDC Guidelines: As announced yesterday, CDC Presidential Guidelines pertaining to the Coronavirus were extended until April 30. We will follow the federal government’s guidelines so employees who are staying home or working from home should plan on these arrangements until April 30.
- Online instruction: Yesterday marked the first day of online instruction. We encourage students to stay in contact with your professors during this transition. Frequent, ongoing communication between faculty, students, and staff during this time will be more important than ever to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
Reminders and previous announcements:
- Moving out of residence halls: The second move-out option days for students begins today. Don’t forget to turn in your keys and complete the online check-out form. For questions on the move-out schedule or making alternative arrangements if you are in a stay-at-home area, please email email@example.com
- Drop date extended: The final date to drop a class has been extended by three weeks to April 22.
- Academic Advising: Advising started yesterday and will last until April 8. Expect emails from your department chair or advisor with additional guidance.
- Building access across campus: Students’ card access has been deactivated to all buildings but will be reactivated during the move-out times so students can get their belongings from their residence hall.
- Weston Center access for music students: Music students will have access to the School of Music Building when they also have access to their residence hall. If the scheduled move-out time doesn’t work for a student or the student is a commuter, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pick up their instrument and/or get their belongings.
- Bookstore: The TLU Bookstore is accepting online and phone orders only. Please contact email@example.com with questions. A plan for returning rental books is being developed and will be communicated to students closer to the end of the semester.
Stay safe and be well!
TLU Safety and Emergency Response Committee