With the recent end of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency on May 11th, TLU is also making some changes in our COVID-19 protocols. We realize COVID-19 is still out there and something we will continue to have to keep an eye on but hopefully not at the level we have these past 3 years. Attached are the current CDC precautions for COVID for your information. Specifically for TLU, changes include:
- The TLU COVID-19 leadership team is officially rolled backup into the Safety and Emergency Management Committee
- Health & Wellness will treat students with COVID-19 going forward like any other illness (Flu, strep-throat etc)
- Students, faculty, and staff will no longer need to report positive COVID-19 cases to the Student Health and Wellness Center as they will not be tracking them anymore.
- Students WILL however still need to report to their respective faculty if they will be out of class because of a positive COVID-19 case. Faculty may require a doctor’s note which can be requested through TLU Care or a physician.
- Students with symptoms can still get tested at the Health and Wellness clinic but additional take-home COVID-19 antigen tests will no longer be provided for free once current supplies run out.
If you have a health related COVID-19 question please direct them to Health & Wellness firstname.lastname@example.org all other questions may be sent to the Safety & Emergency Management Committee email@example.com