For folks teaching face to face or face to face split, Monday and Tuesday have been blocked out so you can practice with your classroom equipment. The day will be structured (with some exceptions noted below), so you can follow your normal Monday/Tuesday schedule and try out the equipment in the classroom. There will be some IT staff around the buildings helping folks out, particularly in larger rooms not as frequently used faculty in the past. We are going to do our best to help you adapt to the new challenges, but we are limited in staffing support and how many places we can be at one time, so we are suggesting a process to help facilitate our support.
- Step 1: Please review the instructional videos below focused on using classroom specific equipment.
- Step 2: Go to your classrooms at the designated times (see exceptions below) and try the equipment.
- Step 3: If you run into trouble, briefly look around your building to see if IT folks are around to help you out.
- Step 4: If no one is around, send a help request to email@example.com with your contact information. Either someone will connect with you quickly and come out or they will contact you later to set up an individual time to help you.
IF you find you have needs that are not being met, please contact us and we can work the problem together. The most efficient way to make that happen is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Exceptions to using these rooms for our practice 8-17 and 8-18, all rooms are available once the semester actually starts.
Centennial Rm 122 will not be available for 10:30 and 11:30 Monday classes or 1 and 2:30 classes on Tuesday.
Fitness Center is 101 will not be available for 10:30 classes on Tuesday.
Jackson will not be available for practice sessions until mid Tuesday morning.
I'll be emailing impacted folks with alternative options. Thanks to Denise McAskill for working through the many nuances of the scheduling.
Classroom equipment overview: webcam | document cameras |Zoom: Video | PDF