Welcome to Texas Lutheran University's LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) Resource Page! Texas Lutheran University prides itself on creating a community and an environment where individuality and personal growth are as integral to success as rigorous academics. We also feel that such an environment should be "designed to serve a diversified community", as stated in our Mission.
The purpose of this page is to provide the students, faculty and staff of Texas Lutheran University the information and resources they need to create and maintain an open, safe, and supportive environment for LGBT+ students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the campus community.
If you have any concerns or suggestions, please contact our Associate Dean of Student Life & Learning and Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Bernadette Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Process in Guadalupe County is to:
1. Print out Petition to Change the Name of an Adult. (https://texaslawhelp.org/sites/default/files/fm_nca_100_name_adult_petition_english_nov16.pdf)
2. Print out Order Changing the Name of an Adult. (https://texaslawhelp.org/sites/default/files/fm_nca_200_name_adult_order_english_july16.pdf)
3. Fill out the forms, except for the signatures.
4. Only sign the forms in front of a Notary. Notaries can be found at most banks.
5. Get a legible and complete set of your fingerprints made on a Texas Department of Public Safety of Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint card. This will have a fee associated (possibly $10).
6. Take both forms and fingerprint card to the Guadalupe District Clerks office to be filed. This filing will have a fee associated ($272).
7. Contact the Court Coordinator for Guadalupe County to get your case on the docket.
8. You will be given a court date. Attend court, where the Judge will sign your Order Changing the Name of an Adult
9. Return to the Guadalupe District Clerks to have that order filed, and to receive Official Copies of the Court Order.
10. Use these copies to get your Texas Driver’s License or Identification Card, Social Security Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, or other official documents amended. Issuing a new version of any of these documents may be associated with an additional charge.
Campus Conduct Hotline is a confidential, anonymous way to alert administrators of unsafe or unethical behavior BEFORE it spirals out of control. Simply dial toll-free to 866.943.5787.
Click on the image below to see a map of the campus' gender-neutral bathrooms.